An Ancient Ritual
For centuries, cultures such as Koreans and Central Americans have used the traditional healing process known as Yoni Steam as well as Vaginal Steam, Vagi-Steam, or Bajos. Gwyneth Paltrow’s experience with Vagi-Steam has brought it into mainstream Western popular culture.
Yoni steams are a great way to improve menstrual flow by helping to clear the womb of any old stagnate blood that remains. When you look at it from an emotional and spiritual perspective, it is literally cleansing your Root Chakra.
Women can benefit from Yoni steaming, an ancient self-care ritual that opens and connects them to their wombs, allowing them to be at the center of their thought and allowing love to fill the centre of their being.
Health Benefits Of Yoni Steaming Are
- Significantly reduce pain, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation.
- Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses.
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles, especially combined with Sacred Womb Massage
- Increase fertility, especially when combined with Fertility Massage
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after birth.
- Treat uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse and endometriosis.
- Assist with the repair of a vaginal tear, episiotomy or C-section scar.
- Aids the healing of haemorrhoids.
- Treat chronic vaginal/yeast infections, and works to maintain healthy odour.
- Relieve symptoms of menopause.
- Detoxify the womb and remove toxins from the body.
How Do Yoni Steams Work?
A woman allows the steam from a pot with boiled water and herbs to reach the outer lips of her vagina. When the herbs are placed in the hot water, their medicinal properties, including volatile oils, are released and carried to the surface of your skin, and to the inside of the vagina, where they are absorbed into the bloodstream and into to the uterus.
The herbal steam increases circulation thins mucus, and cleanses the entire reproductive system, allowing it to shed unnecessary membranes and build-up.
*There are many herbs that are great for vaginal steaming. Note that some of them can have adverse effects if you are pregnant, please check before trying.
Performing A Yoni Steam
In order to perform a Yoni steam treatment, you need a large double handful of fresh herbs to be boiled in a pot holding about two litres of water. If the herbs you are using are dry, you will need a single large handful to the same amount of water. Boil the herbs in the water for twenty minutes and remove from the heat.
Sit on a chair with holes or slats in the seat over the steaming pot of herbs. Your body should be one or two feet above the steaming herbs. You should be completely naked from the waist down with a towel around your waist and legs to keep the heat in. It is recommended that you remain in the chair allowing the herbal steam to permeate your vagina for at least twenty minutes. If you feel like it is burning you, remove the pot of herbs and let them cool for five minutes and replace.
Afterward, you should avoid exposure to cold drafts or sleeping in an air-conditioned room. It is important to stay warm after taking a steam bath. I recommend going straight to bed and wrapping up warmly for an hour. Your body will be able to process the healing effects of the Yoni steam bath during this time. This can be performed at any time during your cycle, except for the 3 days prior to and during menstruation and may be repeated every month until improvement is realised.
**Do not use after ovulation if you are Trying to Conceive, best performed in the week leading up to your bleed.
Consultations Are Free!
Want to ask me more questions on how I can help you, get in touch for a 30 minute chat?