Reflexology is a popular alternative therapy. It promotes relaxation, improves circulation, reduces pain, soothes tired feet, and encourages overall healing.
The underlying theory behind reflexology is that there are “reflex” areas on the feet and hands that correspond to specific organs, glands, and other parts of the body.
- the tips of the toes reflect the head
- the heart and chest are around the ball of the foot
- the liver, pancreas and kidney are in the arch of the foot
- low back and intestines are towards the heel
Massaging these points have proved to be effective to stimulate the nervous system and heal it. It is now being used along with western medicines to improve health and well being. Many people have witnessed a great boost in their health.
It can be beneficial for:
- Stress and stress-related conditions
- Tension headaches
- Digestive disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Sports injuries
- Menstrual disorders, such as premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Digestive problems, such as constipation
- Back pain
- Can also used for post-operative or palliative care
There is growing, but not yet conclusive evidence that reflexology can help reduce pain and anxiety associated with cancer and its treatments. Recent evidence, though limited, suggests that reflexology can also reduce fatigue and improve mood and quality of life.
Book a session or two of reflexologyFIND OUT MORE