Heightened cleansing regimes
- Therapy room will be cleaned in between in each client
- Frequently cleaning and disinfecting objects and couch surfaces that are touched regularly, by using appropriate cleaning products and methods: Chairs, couch, door handles, gate handle, tabletop surface, etc and all equipment
- All linens, removed after the client and washed at a 60-degree wash
- During the warmer summer months, the doors of the cabin will remain open during the treatment session. During the winter months, the cabin will be ventilated between each client.
- The cabin will be ventilated fully between each session.
- Handwashing with soap and water in place, between clients
Increased protection measures
- Wipeable pillows are now being used
- A face shield will be worn by myself, cleaned, and disinfected according to the manufacturer’s instructions prior to each massage
- Soft furnished chairs have been removed from the cabin and replaced with a wipeable chair
- The client is to provide their own water
- Client to bring a minimum number of personal belongings to their appointment
- All clients are required to complete a pre-screening questionnaire on the day of their appointment
- All client’s temperatures will be tested upon entry to the cabin
- All clients will be requested to use hand sanitiser before and after the treatment session
- PPE disposable equipment placed in refuse sacks, double bagged and left in the back garden for at least 72 hours before being put out for collection.
- Disposable couch hole cover is being used per session when required
- Tissues provided in case of coughs or sneezes
- All high-risk clients will be requested to wear a face mask, e.g.: pregnant and elderly
Put in place distancing measures
- 30-minute buffering between each client to carry out cleaning procedures
- Only one person (client) per visit
- If I feel unwell, developed a continuous cough or a high temperature, appointments will be cancelled and rearranged after a period of isolation. I will Identify people who I have been in contact with and notify them
Communicating with patients
Clients will be informed of measures that I have taken to ensure their safety and the policies that have been put in place in the cabin
- Via social media
- Via website
- Via email list
- Via link in the confirmation email
- Follow up email to ask clients to please let me know if they develop symptoms within 7 days of their visit.
- The use of my personal bathroom will not be permitted currently due to high infection rates.
- All clients will be informed of this prior to their appointment
To read the full risk assessment see link below